Sunday, May 15, 2011

How Do I Love You?

We started reading a bedtime story to vanderbaby around 22 weeks every night. Even when I went home at Easter Uncle Joel read to baby :)
How do I love you?
Le me count the ways.

I love you as the sun
loves the bright blue days.

I love you as the bee
loves a fragrant flower.

I love you as the thirsty duck
loves a sudden shower.

I love you as the bird
loves a song to sing.

I love you as the waking bear
loves the smell of spring.

I love you as the cat
loves a sunny sill.

And as the dancing snowflakes
love the winter's chill.

How do I love you?
Let me tell you how.

I love you as the nest
loves the sturdy bough.

I love you as the sea
loves the sandy shore.

And as the ancient world
loved the dinosaur.

I love you as the wind
loves its own sweet sound.

And as our friendly Earth
loves to spin around.

I love you as the moon
loves each shining star.

I love all that you will be
 and everything you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment